People do not come into therapy to change their past, but their future. ~Milton H. Erickson
There are times in people’s lives when they may feel that they are dealing with problem situations, frustrations, crises or troubles that are beyond their control or that are very difficult to deal with. Others may feel that they are lacking something in life and are not living to their full potential. Very often it may be a combination of the above that bring people to therapy.
In therapy, I assist my clients to resolve past issues and to learn how to manage the problem situation. I also aim to help them to learn new and different coping skills and aid them in discovering their own strengths and resources that they can use to deal with other problem situations in their daily lives. Ultimately, therapy assists clients to become more effective in helping themselves in their everyday lives.
I provide individual therapy to assist clients with a wide variety of emotional and psychological difficulties, including (but not limited to):
- Adjustment related difficulties
- Anxiety and phobias
- Anger management
- Bereavement and grief work
- Childhood-related issues
- Chronic pain management / chronic illness
- Dealing with divorce
- Relationship difficulties – romantic, family, friends
- Occupational/workplace –related issues (EAP)
- Pregnancy / birth preparations / mother-infant related issues/ termination of pregnancy-related issues
- Trauma – acute and long term/PTSD
- Stress management
- Self-development, self-confidence and self-esteem-related issues
- School and study-related issues
- Weight-related issues
Therapy is provided in Afrikaans and English.
Therapy is available as contact sessions or online sessions (using Zoom as platform).